Sunday 24 April 2011

Reflection on the holidays



I feel I have made up my lost time – having the fittings late enough that all three of us could have them at the same time was a real bonus, and gave me that time to do everything that the others had already done.  The holiday taking me back to my parents home, away from university digs and the people in my class made for a very different working atmosphere, in both good and bad ways, and allowed me to catch up in an environment free of comparison to other people’s work, though I was working almost blind, but I had my notes and I phoned A a couple of times, just to check I was actually doing it correctly. 
From the time of the fitting, we were all on an even keel, with a steady following wind.  We knew there would be a few rocks under the surface, but we also knew that land was up ahead, and there was a chance of an albatross...
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment