Monday 4 April 2011

And so it begins...


Well, today was the first day (in university) of tackling my Self Directed Project (SDP).  I have chosen to undertake a project in tailoring, working alongside the Arts Educational College in Chiswick, London.  They have asked for 3 three-piece suits from around the turn of the nineteenth century; the advert illustration I am working from dates from 1898.


Having spent the first week and a half of teaching time away on work experience, I have some catching up to do!  I had drafted the basic blocks for each of the waistcoat, jacket and trousers but waited for the green light that they were actually correct to start altering them to the design.
I had some anomalies with the measurements I had been given, but I ironed them out and have now got an, almost, satisfactory set of patterns from which to work.  I say almost, because I still have some reservations of whether my trouser block is correctly drawn...but I need to wait until after a nights sleep and a fresh brain to face that...

So until tomorrow, gütten nacht


No comments:

Post a Comment