Friday 15 April 2011

It's all in the preperation...

Having arrived home for the Easter holidays with all of my tailoring equipment and fabric, I had to set myself up to continue the hard graft until a) I knew when my fitting would be (which was a minimum of 4 days away), and b) make sure I was completely ready for a fitting whether it was in 4 days or 14.
I still had to: sew up all the darts in the jacket and waistcoat; piece together all three garments by tacking them along the seams and then securing the seams by tacking down the seam allowance – all by hand; make a calico mock-up sleeve for the jacket and a back for the waistcoat (we didn’t have our lining yet).
In other preparation for going to London, I looked over my notes from the fitting I had sat in on where G was helping a 3rd year with a suit she was making, and organise what order I was to fit each garment with all the different elements that each need.

No comments:

Post a Comment