Thursday 28 April 2011

woe is me...


So today, I had a meltdown.  Several, in fact.  And all over these blessed little checks. 


It has been a while (in my brain, which doesn't take long at all) since we had the demonstration about how to match checks through pockets on waistcoats.  Approximately 7 months, actually, so, this time my brain had a slight excuse.  But thinking in 3D is something that I can do, usually, so I am not sure why today was quite such a disaster.  But it was, and then, at about 3.45pm, I managed to accost my tutor and he showed me how to do it, which was slowly where I was headed, but upside-down to how I had it.  It is awe-inspiring and demoralizing at the same time how people can make things look easy.  I know; people have said that about me when I fix machinery that they have battled with for ages, in 10 minutes.

Maybe I should become a mechanic...I will finish this suit first, however.  I will not let it beat me.


1 comment:

  1. You could be a very good mechanic AND a tailor!

    ReplyDelete